Civil Design Engineer - Dublin Office
PUNCH Consulting Engineers have a vacancy for a Design Civil Engineer to work in the Dublin office
You will possess a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, have a minimum of 2 years post graduate experience and be committed to achieving Chartered Status with Engineers Ireland or equivalent.
As a design engineer you will work under the guidance of more senior members of staff to develop your technical skills and to develop commercial awareness. You should confer regularly with these people to ensure the progress and scope of your work as intended by the project manager. Your work should be reviewed and approved prior to issue. You will be involved in smaller scale projects or discrete elements of larger scale projects.
During your period as a Design Engineer with the company you will receive on the job training and take part in the CPD programme that occurs during Office hours. It is also expected that you will undertake CPD out of office hours by the attendance on lectures, seminars etc + technical reading.
- An understanding of engineering principles and a strong technical focus
- IT skills – including MS Word, Excel, basic AutoCAD skills + company design software packages including WINDES and TRICs
- The ability to identify and apply appropriate scientific methods to solve engineering problems plus knowledge of the limitations of established best practice as defined by Standards and Codes
- Under supervision plan and manage the use of human and physical resources for your projects
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Understanding of the Irish regulatory and policy issues
- Appreciation of the full Project Delivery Process including GCCC Contracts
- Commitment to CPD and competence.
- A proactive approach with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- As a design engineer you will continue to work under the guidance of a more senior member of staff. Your work should be reviewed and approved prior to issue and will be carried out in accordance with the company ISO procedures.
- Modelling, design and details of Roads, Sewers, Services etc
- Liaise with CAD technicians to produce drawings that reflect design outputs
- Work closely in partnership with Clients, Contractors, other members of the design team and colleagues.
- Develop effective communication skills to facilitate written and verbal interaction with colleagues, team members, contractors and Clients as necessary
- Consult and visit offices of statutory undertakers etc to determine existing services.
- Prepare of desktop studies
- Liaise with traffic engineers, input in traffic & transportation assessments & mobility studies
- Site visits to assess / report on receiving environment
- Preparation of planning applications and compliance requirements
- Update Project Plan data
- Production of tender documents and specifications for topographic surveys, site investigations and the like
- Prepare risk assessments
- Demonstrate efficient & proactive work practices, thereby contributing to projects that are delivered efficiently, profitably and on programme.
- Attendance at Design / Client / Site meetings for small scale projects or larger scale projects under the supervision of a more senior member of staff.
- Site monitoring to ensure compliance with project specifications and best practice
- Development of technical, management and commercial skills
- Designs and detailing in accordance with latest company standards
- In depth technical knowledge across a range of disciplines.
- Work closely in partnership with Clients, Contractors, other members of the design team and colleagues
- Clear, concise and user friendly written and verbal communication
- Increasing effectiveness and efficiency in the work process
- Minimum of 35 hours relevant CPD per year (attained in and out of office hours).
- Attain status as a Chartered Engineer
- Commitment to the public interest in all aspects of your work including health, safety, risk, financial, commercial, legal, environmental, social, energy conservation, sustainability
Salary range: Competitive - Additional Benefits: Paid Holidays, Expenses
Send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com quoting ref. P-DDE