Senior Civil Engineer - Dublin Office
We are recruiting a Senior Civil Engineer for our Dublin office.
You will possess a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, have a minimum of 6 years post graduate experience and have attained Chartered Status with Engineers Ireland or equivalent.
- A sound understanding of engineering principles and a strong technical focus, ability to apply engineering principles and codes of practice to solve technical problems
- Significant base of IT skills including MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, autoCAD and design software. Plus the ability to source and use new design software to benefit project work.
- Independent judgement in the application of engineering science and knowledge including complex design, construction and management.
- Leadership skills to plan, manage and direct human, material and financial resources required to solve complex problems in multi-disciplinary teams
- High level of commercial understanding and application
- Understanding of the Irish regulatory and policy issues
- Implement full Project Delivery Process including GCC Contracts
- A successful track record working closely in partnership with clients and contractors and other members of design teams.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- A positive, proactive approach with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
- Business Effectiveness – lead by example
- Commitment to CPD and competence.
Commitment to the public interest in all aspects of your work including health, safety, risk, financial, commercial, legal, environmental, social, energy conservation and sustainability
Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Responsible for the technical, managerial and commercial aspects of significant projects from inception to handover. To include issuing of invoices, collection of fees and management of client satisfaction
- Responsible for Contract procurement, administration and delivery
- In depth technical knowledge across a range of disciplines
- Clear, concise and user friendly written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate efficient work practices, avoiding abortive work, working within budget, tracking extra services and ensuring the effective use of resources
- Work closely in partnership with Clients, Contractors, other members of the design team and colleagues
- Develop new Client relationships and manage established Client relationships
- Ongoing commitment of CPD
- Commitment to the public interest in all aspects of your work including health, safety, risk, financial, commercial, legal, environmental, social, energy conservation, sustainability
Salary - Competitive
Additional benefits include: Paid Holidays, Canteen, Expenses, Mobile Phone, Flexitime
Send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com quoting ref. P-DSE