The Scott Building is the old Tullamore Hospital which was built in the 1930’s to a design by the architect Michael Scott, and is a protected structure. The building was taken out of use since the completion in 2005 of the new Midlands Regional Hospital, which was built on the same site.
The redevelopment project provides over 6,000m2 of office accommodation, consisting of the following elements:
The project scope included the refurbishment of the old Scott Building – a 1 to 4-story protected structure – as well as the refurbishment of the adjacent theatre block (which dates from the 1970’s). The old building structure comprises steel and concrete beams and columns, concrete slabs, and a loadbearing external façade finished with cut limestone. The 1970’s block is a two-story building constructed with a waffle slab and columns. The existing asbestos cladding was removed and replaced.
Other items included:
© Copyright 2010 PUNCH Consulting Engineers // All Rights Reserved // Registered No. 111183