PUNCH Consulting Engineers have an opening for an experienced Assigned Certifier to join our BCAR certification team. This presents an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and skilled individual to develop their career with PUNCH, a top-level, multi awarding winning Irish consultancy.
Our BCAR team is a specialised multi-disciplinary team. Due to increased workload with a broad range of major clients, we have this exciting opportunity to join our team.
As a member of our team, working directly under the PUNCH Assigned Certifier Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Assigned Certification process on various projects. These projects will cover a broad range of project types, which will include residential, commercial, industrial, logistics, leisure, retail, healthcare etc.
We would love to hear from experienced engineers, architects and building surveyors who are interested in pursuing this role.
- Prepare all relevant documentation for inclusion in tender documents, such as the Inspection Plan, programming, Commencement Notice submission process, etc.
- Manage the BCAR completion process to include all relevant statutory submissions.
- Review the Ancillary Certifier quality monitoring and ensure compliance with the Inspection Plan and record keeping.
- Site monitoring to ensure compliance with Building Regulations.
- Attend / chair site meetings.
- Interact with colleagues, team members, contractors, Local Authority Building Control personnel and Clients.
- Demonstrate efficient work practices, avoiding abortive work, working within budget, tracking extra services and ensuring the effective use of resources
- Prepare fee proposals and submissions. Attend interviews and give presentations.
- Develop new Key Client relationships and manage established Key Client relationships.
- Develop the technical, commercial and management skills of staff that report to you through mentoring, delegation and training.
- Work to ensure the PUNCH Assigned Certification Business Sector Targets are achieved.
Enhance company profile and assist the Assigned Certifier Manager plus Board of Directors in the promotion of the Company Vision.
Qualifications and Experience
As defined under the Building Control Regulations 1997 to 2015 Code of Practice for Inspecting and Certifying Buildings and Works, you will be qualified to perform the role of the Assigned Certifier on a construction project in Ireland with a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Specifically, you will be one of the following professionals:
An Architect that is on the register maintained by the RIAI under Part 3 of the Building Control Act 2007; or
A Building Surveyor that is on the register maintained by the SCSI under Part 5 of the Building Control Act 2007; or
A Chartered Mechanical or Electrical Engineer on the register maintained by Engineers Ireland under section 7 of the Institution of Civil Engineers of Ireland (Charter Amendment) Act 1969.
A Chartered Civil Engineer on the register maintained by Engineers Ireland under section 7 of the Institution of Civil Engineers of Ireland (Charter Amendment) Act 1969.
- A sound understanding of the Building Control (Amendment) Regulations 2014 (BCAR) and the construction process.
- Excellent understanding of the BCAR online process.
- Leadership skills to plan, manage and direct multi-disciplinary teams.
- Significant base of IT skills including MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, AutoCAD and site monitoring software as used by PUNCH. Plus the ability to source and use new software to benefit project work.
- High level of commercial understanding and application.
- A successful track record working closely in partnership with clients, contractors and design teams, as well as Local Authority Building Control divisions .
- A positive, proactive approach with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
- Strong interpersonal/people skills with the ability to work in and manage teams.
- Self-motivated with ability to work in an unstructured environment.
- Business Effectiveness – lead by example.
- Commitment to CPD and competence.
- Commitment to the public interest in all aspects of your work including health, safety, risk, financial, commercial, legal, environmental, social, energy conservation, sustainability.
From the start the role will offer a high level of autonomy, an opportunity to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment while at the same time immersed in a supportive and collaborative structure. PUNCH is renowned for the quality of its work and the continuous training and development of its people. Excellent working conditions including a competitive salary commensurate with experience is on offer for the successful candidate.
If interested in this opportunity please forward an up-to-date CV and covering letter to the following address quoting the above reference. email@example.com
Why Work At PUNCH:
In simple terms, at PUNCH it is our aim to:
- Develop employees to achieve maximum effectiveness in their current role
- Develop a flexible and multi-skilled workforce capable of rapid response to changing business needs
- Develop, motivate and retain our employees
- Provide skills for future innovations within PUNCH
- Maximise the knowledge and experience within our organisation and ensure that this knowledge is captured, updated and disseminated effectively
- Provide equal training opportunities for any staff with disabilities
We strongly encourage our staff to develop and achieve their career aspirations. We are accredited by Engineers Ireland for their CPD programme and work with our staff to progress through the various levels in the relevant Institutions.
Download Our Certificates
Our Award Winning Projects
Irish Building & Design Awards: Project of the Year 2019
Property Industry Excellence Awards: Design Project of the Year 2019
Virtuoso Best of the Best Awards - Hotel of the Year 2018
(Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland)
Award for Best Public Building 2008
Irish Construction Excellence Award for Heritage Project 2018
Heritage and Conservation Winner at the Engineers Ireland Excellence Awards 2017