Gleddoch Road, Penilee, Glasgow
Client: Southside Housing Association
Architect: Riach Partnership Ltd
Services Provided: C&S Engineering Services
Category: UK & International, Residential
Project Duration: 2015 – 2017
The project involved the new build construction of 15 terraced houses and flats located at 67-83 Gleddoch Road, Penilee, Glasgow together with associated hard and soft landscaping to the immediate surrounding area.
The housing mix comprises 6 terraced houses and 9 flats which are two and three storeys with in-curtilage car parking in the front gardens and private gardens to the rear of the properties.
PUNCH Consulting was appointed to provide the following Civil and Structural Engineering services:
- Surface water assessment including attenuation measures, sewer diversions and new drainage.
- SUDS Drainage system in order to reduce the likelihood of flooding, reduce water pollution and replenish ground water supplies. This project utilised Infiltration trenches to roads, car parks and drainage.
- External enabling works to allow development to proceed.
- Engineering of external paved areas.
- Piled ground beam foundation design and detailing
- Timber framed construction design and detailing
Timber truss design and detailing