Graduate BIM/CAD Technologist
Dublin / Cork / Limerick / Galway
PUNCH Consulting Engineers are interested to hear from Graduate BIM and CAD Technologists. If you want to work with one of Irelands leading engineering consultancies at our offices in Dublin, Limerick, Cork or Galway, send your CV for consideration to the address below.
As a Graduate BIM and CAD Technologist you will be working closely with senior managers on the delivery of major projects. As a graduate you will work under the guidance of a more senior member of staff on the modelling and detailing design of a broad range of projects.
- A Higher Certificate (NFQ Level 6) in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- An aptitude for creating 3-D models and manipulating to 2D in a clear and concise manner.
- A good understanding of REVIT and AutoCad, and a desire to develop your skills in the use of REVIT and AutoCad.
- Develop your knowledge in the use of concrete, steel, masonry and timber and learn about the design of buildings.
- Develop your knowledge in the design and detailing of civil works such as drainage, roads and watermains.
- Learn how to detail reinforced concrete structures.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the standards and codes of practice.
- Develop effective communication skills to facilitate written and verbal interaction with colleagues, team members, contractors and Clients.
- Consult with service providers and local authorities.
- Site monitoring with senior staff to ensure compliance with project specification and assess / report on receiving environment.
- Liaise with engineers to produce models and drawings that accurately reflect the engineering design.
- Attendance at Design / Client / Site meetings accompanied by senior staff
- Achieve familiarity and proficiency with PUNCH design philosophy, process and software
- Achieve familiarity with and implement company ISO Procures.
- Develop Efficient & proactive work practices, thereby contributing to projects that are delivered efficiently, profitably and on programme.
During your period as a Graduate BIM and CAD Technologist with the company you will receive continuous on the job training and take part in the Graduate CPD programme that occurs during Office hours. It is also expected that you will undertake CPD out of office hours by the attendance on lectures, seminars etc + technical reading. PUNCH is a CPD Accredited Company with Engineers Ireland and encourages and facilitates young engineers in reaching chartership.
A comprehensive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate which includes competitive salary in line with experience, company pension and a commitment to ongoing training and development.
PUNCH Consulting Engineers are a highly progressive Engineering consultancy dedicated to continuous investment in technology, a company where staff are given maximum opportunity to utilise their academic qualifications and professional skillset in a collaborative and innovative working environment.
Send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref. P-GRAD
Why Work At PUNCH:
In simple terms, at PUNCH it is our aim to:
- Develop employees to achieve maximum effectiveness in their current role
- Develop a flexible and multi-skilled workforce capable of rapid response to changing business needs
- Develop, motivate and retain our employees
- Provide skills for future innovations within PUNCH
- Maximise the knowledge and experience within our organisation and ensure that this knowledge is captured, updated and disseminated effectively
- Provide equal training opportunities for any staff with disabilities
We strongly encourage our staff to develop and achieve their career aspirations. We are accredited by Engineers Ireland for their CPD programme and work with our staff to progress through the various levels in the relevant Institutions.
Our Award Winning Projects
Irish Building & Design Awards: Project of the Year 2019
Property Industry Excellence Awards: Design Project of the Year 2019
Virtuoso Best of the Best Awards - Hotel of the Year 2018
(Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland)
Award for Best Public Building 2008
Irish Construction Excellence Award for Heritage Project 2018
Heritage and Conservation Winner at the Engineers Ireland Excellence Awards 2017