Senior Civils CAD Technician
Dublin / Cork / Limerick / Galway
PUNCH Consulting Engineers have a vacancy for a Senior Civils CAD Technician to work in our Dublin office, which is located in Dun Laoghaire.
The work will be primarily office based. Under the supervision of more senior technicians and engineers you will assist in the preparation of high-quality civil engineering design drawings for a broad range of national and international structural engineering projects. You will assist in the preparation of planning, tender and construction documents. All work will be carried out in accordance with the company ISO procedures.
- A Higher Certificate (NFQ Level 6) in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- An excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- It is essential that candidates would have experience of working with the Civils 3D package.
- Significant experience in the production of drawings for surface water, foul water, water supply, SuDS, roads and pavement designs.
- Applicants must have a minimum 4 years post-graduate experience in a design office assisting in the preparation of drawings.
- A thorough understanding of construction materials and construction methodology.
- Site experience gained in the inspection of on-site works.
- A proactive approach to solving problems with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven commitment to CPD
- Own car required.
A comprehensive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate which includes competitive salary in line with experience, company pension and a commitment to ongoing training and development. PUNCH Consulting Engineers are a highly progressive Engineering consultancy dedicated to continuous investment in technology, a company where staff are given maximum opportunity to utilise their academic qualifications and professional skillset in a collaborative and innovative working environment.
Send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref. P-DSCT
Why Work At PUNCH:
In simple terms, at PUNCH it is our aim to:
- Develop employees to achieve maximum effectiveness in their current role
- Develop a flexible and multi-skilled workforce capable of rapid response to changing business needs
- Develop, motivate and retain our employees
- Provide skills for future innovations within PUNCH
- Maximise the knowledge and experience within our organisation and ensure that this knowledge is captured, updated and disseminated effectively
- Provide equal training opportunities for any staff with disabilities
We strongly encourage our staff to develop and achieve their career aspirations. We are accredited by Engineers Ireland for their CPD programme and work with our staff to progress through the various levels in the relevant Institutions.
Download Our Certificates
Our Award Winning Projects
Irish Building & Design Awards: Project of the Year 2019
Property Industry Excellence Awards: Design Project of the Year 2019
Virtuoso Best of the Best Awards - Hotel of the Year 2018
(Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland)
Award for Best Public Building 2008
Irish Construction Excellence Award for Heritage Project 2018
Heritage and Conservation Winner at the Engineers Ireland Excellence Awards 2017