Senior Structural Precast Engineer
PUNCH Consulting Engineers have a vacancy for a Senior Structural Precast Engineer for our Limerick office.
As a senior precast engineer you will be working closely with senior managers on the delivery of major structural projects involving precast concrete design and detailing. You will work with our precast concrete team in Ireland and the UK. You will be responsible for the technical, managerial and commercial aspects of your project. Your work will be carried out in accordance with the company ISO procedures.
- Chartered Engineer status with the ICE.
- Honours degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a design office environment, with at least 2 years’ experience in the design of precast concrete elements, ideally with a precast concrete manufacturer.
- Experienced in the use of Tekla Structures.
- A sound understanding of engineering principles and a strong technical focus, ability to apply engineering principles and codes of practice to solve technical problems.
- Excellent conceptual design abilities to provide robust and economical solutions.
- Significant base of IT skills including;
- REVIT & AutoCAD
- Structural design software such as CADS, SCIA, Fastrack, STRAP, TEDDS, etc.
- Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project
- The ability to source and use new design software to benefit project work.
- Independent judgement in the application of engineering science and knowledge including complex design, construction and management.
- Leadership skills to plan, manage and direct human, material and financial resources required to solve complex problems in multi-disciplinary teams.
- High level of commercial understanding and application.
- Understanding of UK regulatory and policy issues.
- Implement full Project Delivery Process including public works contracts.
- A successful track record working closely in partnership with clients and contractors and other members of design teams.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- A positive, proactive approach with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
- Business Effectiveness – lead by example.
- Commitment to CPD and competence.
A comprehensive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate which includes competitive salary in line with experience, company pension and a commitment to ongoing training and development.
PUNCH Consulting Engineers are a highly progressive Engineering consultancy dedicated to continuous investment in technology, a company where staff are given maximum opportunity to utilise their academic qualifications and professional skillset in a collaborative and innovative working environment.
Send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com quoting ref. P-SSPEL
Why Work At PUNCH:
In simple terms, at PUNCH it is our aim to:
- Develop employees to achieve maximum effectiveness in their current role
- Develop a flexible and multi-skilled workforce capable of rapid response to changing business needs
- Develop, motivate and retain our employees
- Provide skills for future innovations within PUNCH
- Maximise the knowledge and experience within our organisation and ensure that this knowledge is captured, updated and disseminated effectively
- Provide equal training opportunities for any staff with disabilities
We strongly encourage our staff to develop and achieve their career aspirations. We are accredited by Engineers Ireland for their CPD programme and work with our staff to progress through the various levels in the relevant Institutions.
Download Our Certificates
Our Award Winning Projects
Irish Building & Design Awards: Project of the Year 2019
Property Industry Excellence Awards: Design Project of the Year 2019
Virtuoso Best of the Best Awards - Hotel of the Year 2018
(Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland)
Award for Best Public Building 2008
Irish Construction Excellence Award for Heritage Project 2018
Heritage and Conservation Winner at the Engineers Ireland Excellence Awards 2017