PUNCH Consulting Engineers have a vacancy for a Structural Engineer to work with our team in our Dublin office (Dun Laoghaire) on a range of major projects.
At PUNCH we enable our engineers to achieve their maximum potential through professional skills development, direct mentoring, and a pipeline of interesting and challenging projects across all major industry divisions.
Our Dublin office consists of a team of over 30 dedicated technical staff delivering civil, structural, infrastructure and transportation design services. Our team are currently delivering several €200m+ mixed used developments including Crown Square in Galway, Project Opera in Limerick and North Quay in Waterford, in addition to a major new private hospital in Limerick and a new Europort facility in Rosslare. Joining our team will afford you the opportunity to be a part of a large team on major projects. Further details of the roles and responsibilities are outlined below.
As a Structural Engineer, you will be working with senior colleagues on the delivery of major structural projects. You will be responsible for the technical, managerial and commercial aspects of your project, with full support from the PUNCH team. Your work will be carried out in accordance with the company ISO procedures.
- Honours degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years postgraduate experience in engineering consultancy.
- A sound understanding of engineering principles and a strong technical focus, ability to apply engineering principles and codes of practice to solve technical problems.
- Design abilities to provide robust and economical solutions in concrete, steel, timber, masonry etc.
- Significant base of IT skills including;
- Structural design software such as Tekla Structural Designer, SCIA, TEDDS suite, CADS suite, STRAP, etc.
- REVIT + AutoCAD skills.
- Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project
- Plan and manage human and material resources for your projects.
- Understanding of the Irish regulatory and policy issues.
- Understanding of the Project Delivery Process including GCC Contracts.
- The ability to work closely in partnership with clients and contractors and other members of design teams.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- A positive, proactive approach with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
- Business Effectiveness – lead by example.
- Commitment to achieving chartership.
- Commitment to CPD and competence.
A comprehensive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate which includes competitive salary in line with experience, company pension and a commitment to ongoing training and development. For more, see our careers page on our website.
PUNCH Consulting Engineers are a highly progressive Engineering consultancy dedicated to continuous investment in technology, a company where staff are given maximum opportunity to utilise their academic qualifications and professional skillset in a collaborative and innovative working environment.
Please submit your CV by email to Vacancies@punchconsulting.com and quote Structural Engineer Dublin in the heading.
Why Work At PUNCH:
In simple terms, at PUNCH it is our aim to:
- Develop employees to achieve maximum effectiveness in their current role
- Develop a flexible and multi-skilled workforce capable of rapid response to changing business needs
- Develop, motivate and retain our employees
- Provide skills for future innovations within PUNCH
- Maximise the knowledge and experience within our organisation and ensure that this knowledge is captured, updated and disseminated effectively
- Provide equal training opportunities for any staff with disabilities
We strongly encourage our staff to develop and achieve their career aspirations. We are accredited by Engineers Ireland for their CPD programme and work with our staff to progress through the various levels in the relevant Institutions.
Download Our Certificates
Our Award Winning Projects
Irish Building & Design Awards: Project of the Year 2019
Property Industry Excellence Awards: Design Project of the Year 2019
Virtuoso Best of the Best Awards - Hotel of the Year 2018
(Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland)
Award for Best Public Building 2008
Irish Construction Excellence Award for Heritage Project 2018
Heritage and Conservation Winner at the Engineers Ireland Excellence Awards 2017